- About Convertri
- About ClickFunnels
- Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Features Comparison
- Convertri Key Features:
- ClickFunnels Key Features:
- Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Contact Management
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Email Marketing & Automation
- Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Landing Page Building
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Reporting & Analytics
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Third-party Integrations
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Customer Support
- Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Pricing
- And The Winner Is…
Here’s why this is an interesting comparison:
- Both programs were created by famous internet marketers as software focused on building sales funnels
- Convertri caters to budget-conscious marketers, while ClickFunnels caters to marketers looking for an all-in-one solution
- Both programs promise easy-to-do, high-converting sales funnels, but Convertri delivers impressive page speed, while ClickFunnels has more third-party integrations.
While many features of ClickFunnels and Convertri are similar, it is interesting to note that they come at both ends of the pond. One is equipped with free-form funnel builders, while the other has pre-made templates.
One is definitely more affordable, but the other is more expensive and offers more built-in features that some consider value-for-money. Read on to learn which is which.
Andy Fletcher, a software developer by profession and a renowned internet marketer, launched Convertri in the market in 2016.
At the time, there were already many sales funnel and landing page creation software around. But what made Convertri buzz-worthy was it focused on completely optimizing the landing pages with its Accelerated Page Technology, which led to smaller footprints and fast-loading pages.
Optimization and speed have been Convertri’s trademark with every feature upgraded into the software.
Who is Convertri for?
Convertri is designed for small and medium businesses, and entrepreneurs looking for a budget-friendly marketing automation solution. The drag-and-drop interface means there is very little learning curve needed, so anyone can just launch the page builder and be done in minutes.
ClickFunnels was released in 2014. It is the brainchild of Russell Brunson, turned into reality by veteran developer Todd Dickerson and world-class designer Dylan Jones.
This online sales and marketing software wasn’t designed for marketers – it was crafted to turn any business owner and entrepreneur into do-it-yourselfers who will be in control of their own online marketing campaign from start to finish.
ClickFunnels offers an all-in-one tool – anything you expect a sales funnel software to do, you’ll find it here. And if it isn’t featured yet, there’s a good chance the guys at ClickFunnels are working on them for the next upgrade.
Who is ClickFunnels for?
ClickFunnels is designed for medium-sized and large-scale businesses with a product/service to sell and promote. ClickFunnels caters to entrepreneurs who know what steps to take their business to the next level but lack the coding and design skills needed to do so.
Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Features Comparison
For example, aside from having excellent affiliate programs, both Convertri and ClickFunnels also have their respective WordPress plugins and search engine optimization (SEO) settings for a better chance of ranking in the search engines.
Let’s dig deeper into the features of both tools…
Convertri Key Features:
Everyone knows that page load is one reason people leave a website, so having a page builder that can deliver this 1-second page loads on both desktop and mobile versions is noteworthy.
- Customizable mobile format: In Convertri, you can custom-create any funnel in mobile format. It also drags-and-drops like other tools, but Convertri brings the free form capability of its desktop version to the mobile funnels to give users more freedom in creating the look and adding elements.
- Auto-encryption for all pages: All the pages you create within Convertri already has SSL (secure sockets layer), a protocol responsible for authentication, encryption, and decryption of data that passes through the internet. This is valuable for websites that will collect people’s passwords, names, credit card details, and other personal information.
- Import third-party web pages and funnels: For those without website creation experience, this page importer feature lets them “copy” any external page or funnel by just entering the URL into Convertri, which will then create a page that looks similar. Be careful when using this page importer, as you might copy the branding of the original website owner and be legally liable.
- Embed scripts into Convertri: This tool lets you insert scripts into any part of your funnel.
ClickFunnels Key Features:
ClickFunnels has been around for a while now and the amount of features it offers proves this. ClickFunnels offers these key features:Built-in “membership sites” feature: Customers can use this to host training material for its own members, which they could opt to drip-feed based on your preferred schedule. Being able to build membership sites is a VERY useful feature that most software ClickFunnels compete against does not have. It means you no longer require a third-party Learning Management Software or another tool to integrate into ClickFunnels.
Customers can create their own affiliate program, which is equipped with an extensive management platform, so you can see the number of clicks, commissions owed, and so on.
This is an interesting feature especially if you’re having trouble upselling. You can add and upsell any product or service on your pages for people to buy with just one click after they have chosen one of your existing products.
This is a powerful psychological marketing trick as customers who have committed to you are much more likely to then purchase something else.
A business can run any kind of online event straight from their own ClickFunnels account. Users can utilize zoom, gotowebinar, and other third-party apps for registration, hosting the actual event, and tracking conversions of their webinar funnels.
ClickFunnels was built to help its users generate leads, improve sales, and run a successful online event.
Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Contact Management
When creating an email list, ClickFunnels gives you the option to add contacts manually or import a CSV file into your contact lists.
ClickFunnels also has the “Smart List” feature, which enables you to separate contacts into different groups such as “existing customers,” or “for upselling funnels.”
Convertri also allows manual and CSV contact imports.
ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Email Marketing & Automation
ClickFunnels integrates with all the popular email marketing providers like Aweber and MailChimp, but if you don’t want to use any other external tools, you can still utilize the in-house ClickFunnels email marketing solution called “Follow Up Funnels” (formerly called Actionetics). Unfortunately, this is only available for the top-tier Platinum plan.
As for automation, ClickFunnels can be paired with e-commerce platforms like Shopify. With these full-fledged eCommerce tools, users can sit back and just watch customers order, checkout, and be followed-up without lifting your finger anymore.
And because ClickFunnels is also equipped with an email autoresponder, the conversion rates of sales pages can go through the roof without much effort.
Convertri doesn’t have an in-house email marketing system in place, but almost every famous lead generation and automated email marketing tools can be integrated into Convertri. Importing your business email list is easy to do.
Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Landing Page Building
Convertri’s drag and drop page builder is very user-friendly, yet includes a TON of features. Here are just some you shouldn’t miss:
- Freeform funnel creation – Ready-made templates are good, but they also mean your freedom to edit some elements the way you want the pages to look won’t be possible. Having a freeform builder means you can still drag-and-drop elements like a fully-secured shopping cart, but have better control over everything else.
- Background videos – Yes, this lets you add any video you want to be featured on your web pages. If used wisely, this feature can be a good sales technique, since all visitors who land on these funnels will be able to watch/hear the video immediately.
- Large Font and custom CSS – Convertri integrates with Google Font well, plus it is also cross-browser friendly, so you don’t have to worry about sizing up/down fonts. You can also add custom CSS if you want a uniform look throughout your pages.
- Mobile-version auto-scale – Convertri makes it easy to scale text down for mobile use without technical know-how.
- Dynamic Text Replacement – This feature is a godsend if you’re working on a marketing funnel, have to run PPC ads, and build landing pages with matching messages. Dynamic text replacement automatically adjusts your human-written copy and gets important keywords from your ads to create two or more other versions.
- Split testing capabilities – Before launching your landing pages and sales funnels, you are asked if you want to do A B split testing. If you answer yes, Convertri will auto-create another page or funnel for split testing.
Lastly, Convertri makes it easy to build and share all your newly-completed landing pages to the business owners you work for, or your business partners. You can export and import all the funnels you’ve created before finalizing them into campaigns or website launch.
ClickFunnels has a visual drag and drop editor that makes adding and importing elements to a sales, marketing, or landing page a piece of cake.
Choose from a wide range of templates. From the type of funnel to the theme you like the pages to be, you will never run out of inspiration at ClickFunnels.
If you want to save time designing there’s also the marketplace where you can buy readymade funnels and pages.
When inside the drag and drop editor, you can choose single-page templates, whole funnels, product launch, webinar funnel, membership funnel, and so on. It’s so easy – creating pages seems like the process is done-for-you.
Shopping cart feature
With ClickFunnels, you don’t need to integrate any external plugin or app for your funnels to have a shopping cart because it comes built into the funnel builder.
Split testing straight ahead
You don’t need to wait for one of your landing pages to NOT work. ClickFunnels make it easy for you to perform A B testing of your funnels and learn which of them convert the highest sales. ClickFunnels will guide you on how to perform a proper A B split testing.
The ClickFunnels landing page builder and sales funnels creator is designed to save time. Once you get the hang of its UI and settings, you can create high converting landing pages in no time.
Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Sign-up forms
The first goal of sales funnels is to attract potential customers, encourage them to sign up, and eventually sell them something you’re offering.
You’ve got to make every customer sign up for your forms, so your business will have a chance at trying to convert these customers into paying or return customers.
Your lead generation efforts can continue with sales funnels created by either Convertri or ClickFunnels. As with other elements of the drag-and-drop funnel builder, you can integrate your favorite form builder like Google Forms, Zapier, Aweber, etc. into your pages. If you’re using other apps for this, make sure required fields are marked for the forms to work properly.
Both programs also have basic sign-up form makers you can access during your funnel building. You have total control over which pages you want the forms to be showcased (or not).
And forms are included with conversion tracking, so you’d be able to relocate at better, high converting spots on the landing page or other pages of your website.
ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Reporting & Analytics
Both tools are equipped with conversion tracking, but how well can they report the results of your A B testing? Here’s some good news:
- ClickFunnels do not count your efforts in taking down the conversion rate of sales and landing pages. You can track unlimited shopping carts, forms, emails, funnels, and pages.
- Convertri also has its own conversion tracking and split A B testing features
- If you love Google Analytics and want to use it instead, you can connect it to your dashboard as well.
Analytics for both programs is pretty easy to use. If you’re familiar with Google Analytics, the metrics displayed for both tools are similar. How you interpret these details and use them to the advantage of your pages should make the difference.
ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Third-party Integrations
Aside from the basic integrations like Google products, social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), some notable apps that will be very useful for your landing pages include:
- ClickFunnels: Twilio, YouZign, VWO Engages, SalesForce, Warrior Plus, Stripe Payment, Paypal, Kajabi, Disc Delivered, Shopify, WordPress, Shistation, Zapier, and ZenDirect, among others.
- Convertri: MailChimp, Drip, ConvertKit, Paypal, Stripe, Aweber, Keap, ActiveCampaign, and WebinarJam, among others.
Note that this list is not complete. These are continuously updated, changed, removed, or replaced. Both companies do update their clients on all the changes before they take place.
ClickFunnels vs Convertri: Customer Support
The customer support of Convertri is the same across the board. There are no VIPs here. If you need anything, its 200+ knowledgebase and Facebook group (where even the founder answers questions) are readily available to assist you. You can also contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With ClickFunnels,all users get to access the Funnel Hacker Forum and Funnel Flix (video training).
Chat support is available on the “Help” menu from the dashboard. Those who subscribe to the Platinum plan get priority on chat support and are given access to weekly peer-review hackathons, where a ClickFunnels coach will review your funnel building and guide you step-by-step through the process.
There is also an official Facebook group if you want quick answers.
Convertri vs ClickFunnels: Pricing
But if you’re just after the actual landing page builders, then cost could be your deciding factor:
In the past, Convertri had three plans – the Standard plan (for $53/month), which lets you create 500 landing pages and 50 funnels with access to 45 ready-made templates. The next plans were the Pro plan (100k monthly impressions and 250 funnels with $58/month bill) and the Agency plan (up to 400k impressions and 1000 funnels with $166/month bill).
As of Q4 2020, Convertri no longer offers the Standard plan, Pro, and Agency plan. Instead, the company just keeps it simple with monthly and annual plans. ·
- Monthly – $99 per month
- Annual – $900 per year (this is around $75/month)
Both plans allow you to create 25 funnels and 250 pages. You are given up to 10 custom domains, 250,000 monthly impressions, and the ability to include 10 sub-accounts, and host 20 videos (as long as they don’t eat up over 100GB of bandwidth per month).
Convertri doesn’t give a cut-off anymore. Once an account goes over the 250k/month traffic, you will be notified via email and then given the option to add extra traffic for $30/250k impressions.
Convertri Free Trial
To get the 14-day Convertri trial, you need to register, set-up a subdomain, and choose a plan (whether monthly or annual) to subscribe to. You will be linking your Paypal account or credit card, but you won’t be charged for the first free 14 days.
ClickFunnels also has two main plans:
- ClickFunnels Basic ($97/month) – You can create up to 100 pages with 20 sales funnels with up to 20,000 impressions per month on this plan. You’re given 3 subdomains, but only 1 extra subaccount is offered to access the dashboard (ideal if you have business partners who want to check the nitty-gritty details of your campaigns).
- ClickFunnels Platinum ($297/month) – It may be expensive, but this plan gives you access to unlimited sales funnels and pages. You can add 9 subdomains and 3 extra sub-accounts.
ClickFunnels Free Trial
And The Winner Is…
But like any landing page builder, ClickFunnels isn’t perfect. It also has some downsides, such as slow funnel upload, the low traffic/impression numbers included in the plan, and how pricey the plans are.
Convertri, on the other hand, proves that even if it doesn’t have all the features of ClickFunnels YET (yes, there are continuous upgrades to this sales funnel builder), it can create high converting pages because of its highly-optimized, speed-focused technology. Plus, Convertri is way cheaper, easy to use, and ticks all the right boxes.
If you’re still undecided even after this extensive review, the cool thing about having a 14-day trial period for both programs is that you can take a look at the user-interface, check out which tool is easy to use based on your goals, and compare features that would be more appropriate for your business.